Logos 4 is a wonderful piece of software that is unfortunately missing one or two important features, including a bibliographic report. However, help is at hand! This site will generate a bibliographic report for you. There are several simple steps:
- Register as a user on this website, then log-in.
- Upload your library catalogue. This is a special file generated by Logos 4 which contains a database of your library. Each book adds around 10kb to this file, so if you have 1,000 resources the file will be around 10Mb. A 10Mb file could take around 7 minutes to upload, depending on your connection speed.
- Choose your options, then generate the report. You can sort by author or title. Five styles are available:
- Table: A table with the columns: cover image, title, authors, publisher, year. Various size options are available for the cover image.
- Shelves:Displays your books on library shelves.
- Popularity Report:Displays not just your books, but almost all of the other Logos books that are available, showing which are the most popular.
- Titles only: A simple list of just the titles.
- APA: Similar to the bibliographic presentation required by the APA.
- BibTex: A bibliographic database format, which you may be able to import into other applications like Zotero.
- Save or print the report from your web-browser.
Limitations: Because this is a hack, and not something officially supported, you cannot access all the data you may want. Missing are ISBNs, volume numbers, and the publisher's location.